Wrong date on DVD/HD recorder

canarieslover 22:15 PM 01 Mar 11

My Toshiba RD-88DTKB has gone from 28/2/2011 straight to 4/3/2011 and now thinks its Friday. I have tried setting date manually, reset all settings and unplugged for 30 mins, none of which enabled it to get back to today's date. Does anybody have any other suggestions please?

BRYNIT 23:16 PM 01 Mar 11

Resetting it to factory default may do it but you will have to rescan all channels and redo any programs you have set to record.

canarieslover 09:53 AM 02 Mar 11

Thanks for advice but I had tried that yesterday with no luck at all. Google showed that several others had also posted the problem so it wasn't just my machine. It turns out that it must be a bug in the software as today it appears to be able to read the date correctly, much to the relief of my wife who thought she wouldn't be able to record while she was out. All's well that ends well as they say!!

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 release date, price, features UK: Free upgrade available July 29 with 10 years of free…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries discuss Designing the Future

Apple Pay UK launch guide and participating UK banks: HSBC, First Direct finally support Apple Pay