Wireless headphone problem

electroplater 15:32 09 Aug 08

I have recently purchased a pair of wireless headphones from Aldi. They work well conected to the headphone jack of various radio and tv sets but will not work on my Sony hi-fi system. Can I connect to the speaker outputs of the hi-fi either in place of the speakers or paralled across the existing speakers. I appreciate that the volume control will affect the sound level in these circumstances.

jack 17:40 09 Aug 08

Do you know?
Explain
My Lidl ones work perfectly with TV/Sony Hi-Fi and even minature FM radio [you know from an X mas crfacker]

electroplater 19:26 09 Aug 08

Jack
I think the problem is a physical one, there is o voltage on the Jack contacts but it looks to be a major task to get to the inside of the fitting hence the interest in the speaker connectors

electroplater

jack 12:03 10 Aug 08

Normally plugging in phones - isolates speakers
What happens in your case- do the speakers 'go off'
on plug in and still no phone out put- or do the speakers keep on going - indicating a dud socket?
It could also be too the output is wrong for the base station- check out the output value in the Sony hand book
If nothing else works as you suggest double up on the speaker outputs.
So to Maplins then
A line earphone jack and a bit of wire to make speakers connectors.

Now does you system have auxiliary/extension speaker connections?
If so connect to there

electroplater 16:32 10 Aug 08

Jack,
The speakers go off but either no output or wrong for base station.
I will get a phono to phono lead and cut it in half and piggy back onto the speaker outputs.
No aux outputs on back of cabinet.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…