Why should two bluetooth devices suddenly "unpair" themselves?

0106rainbow 14:00 07 Dec 14

Ipad and new soundbar Bluetooth paired with no problems and music playing fine. Then, lots of static and the music stopped coming out of soundbar, only through ipad. The ipad recognises the soundbar but when I select it, the timer disc just keeps going round and round and eventually I get the message that pairing was unsuccessful and to make sure the soundbar is turned on, in range and ready to pair ..... which it was/is because it had been playing for an hour or more with no problems. Nothing had been moved or changed in any way. I've done lots of online searches but can't find any answers. Any ideas anyone? Thanks. (Ipad 4 running 8.1 and Philips HTL5140 soundbar.)

0106rainbow 17:53 07 Dec 14

Although I've still no idea why it happened in the first place, it seems to have sorted itself! Rebooted everything again, and again, and again, and it's working (for now at least!)

mole1944 06:59 10 Dec 14

That seems to be one of those things that happen,remember the early days of computer when it was "plug and pray".

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…