which ulead video editing software?

Ohnjay 13:33 14 Apr 07

I am a complete beginner at video editing and have been recommended to use both ulead videostudio 10 and moviefactory 6. My camcorder is a Panasinic DVR-D150 and it records to a mini disc. My PC is loaded with Vista. Why two softwares that seem to do the same job, and which would be best for me? Any help would be appreciated.

GroupFC 17:45 14 Apr 07

Hi Ohnjay it's me again.

Both products seem to have free trials (and IIRC when I tried out VideoStudio 10 it was a fully funtioning trial), so why not try them both and see which suits your needs the best?

Ohnjay 18:14 14 Apr 07

Thanks again GFC will certainly try both.

David4637 19:23 19 Apr 07

Let us know which you decided on and the reason you picked it. I use Studio V9, but its very unreliable and therefore your comments would be very useful to me. Thanks David

Ohnjay 23:18 19 Apr 07

Hi David,
I've chosen videostudio 10. I only received the software this morning, so I've no idea how it works yet. Reasons for chosing were recomendations but what tipped the balance was my talk with Steven of Ulead technical. He told me that vs10 was more suited to beginner editors it had better editing features and more editing wizards. Transferring to DVD's after editing was stronger on movie factory 6 though mvf6 was weaker on editing, although the editing features on it were better than ok. So it was a matter of paying your money and taking your choice. I know that this might not help much, but it is an honest choice I've made

David4637 18:19 20 Apr 07

Thanks for that, there is no substitute for a personal recommendation. David

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…