Which HDD???

BaboonBoy22 11:56 05 Nov 09

I cannot decide between these 2:
click here
click here

Completely different drives I know, and ones half the price of the other.
It's going to be used for a secondary drive. I want it to be "snappy" as the one I've got seems to be lagging. (Also by getting a faster spin rate, will that decrease virus scan time?)
I've read good reviews about the Samsung F3. But am I going to see that much difference in speed from the F3's 7200rpm 32mb cache to the V'raptors 10000rpm 16mb cache ?????

canarieslover 13:49 05 Nov 09

Depends what you are doing. If you are often accessing the same files then the 32gb cache will possibly make the Samsung seem faster, but if its different files all the time then the WD will seem quicker. The difference will not be mind blowing and at the end of the day a lot will depend on how much you want to store on the drive. There is a great difference in capacity with the Samsung having 6 times more than the WD. For the sort of things I do it would be a 'no brainer' as I would have to look at buying 6 WD's to get the storage I need.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…