Which DVD Recorder?

ruth-1232295 15:09 22 Jan 08

Help! I don't currently have a DVD or freeview, but i want to buy one. I am lloking for a DVD with a hard drive, built in freeview, where I can watch and record at the same time and with epg. Ideally I would also like to be able to pause a live programme, to be able to record a programme without the adverts, and to be able to record my old videos onto DVD's. But these last 3 features aren't essential.

I rarely buy new technology so I want something that lasts a while. I'm not too bothered about how much it is as long as it is good value for wahat it does. And I want at least the basic recording and playing DVD's to be relatively simple to do.

However I am totally overwhelmed by the choice out there. Does anyone have any suggestions of what they think I should buy? I would really appreciate any advice. Thanks

anchor 14:16 23 Jan 08

I have the Panasonic DMR EX75, which I bought just over a year ago. This has now been replaced with a similar, but later model, DMR-EX77.

click here

You can pause a live programme, whilst recording continues, and pick it back up from where you left off. You cannot cut out the adverts, (unless you actually pause manually during recording). However, all I do is fast forward though the ads when playing back the recording.

It has EPG, but remember its a good idea to add a few minutes to the end time to cover an overrun.

You can record programmes from the hard disc to a DVD, also record from a camcorder, or VHS, to the hard disc or a DVD.

Playing a DVD could not be simpler. Yes, it takes a short while to work out everything; (the manual could be made simpler), but with a little practise you soon get he hang of it.

Recording in LP mode gives a quality equal to live TV.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…