Which digital tv indoor tv aerial

Jega 09:57 01 Jul 06

hello

ok ive been looking at these two aerials for my digital freeview tv.

which would you go for, and can you recommend any more? ... thanks!

SV9320:
click here

SV9150:
click here

DieSse 12:28 01 Jul 06

This is the only site I could find that gives you the gain of the amplifier. On that basis the SV9150 is better in that one sense. But gain isn't everything - if the device only detects a poor signal, no matter how much you boost it, the quality won't improve, and it's impossible to quantify the quality of reception from any of the specs I've seen (hardly any at all for the SV9150). And the amplifier itself might be low quality, but with high gain, just to help (not!).

Another word of caution - indoor aerials, especially for digital, only work well in good reception areas. Basically nothing can beat a good quality external aerial.

Try and find out from neighbours how they get on with reception, and what they use.

dms05 15:40 03 Jul 06

Good answer DieSse. I live a long way from the transmitter but have clear line of sight. So in my case an antenna amp works as the signal is pure but weak. I'm actually surprised how poor the signal can be and still achieve Freeview reception. Even an antenna producing grainy analogue reception allows Freeview to decode but an analogue with multipathing images (ie you can see repeat images) has no chance of Freeview no matter how much you boost it.

Diemmess 18:29 07 Jul 06

Depending on your home and local rules. Some authorities won't allow external roof aerials. If you can mount an external, pay up and enjoy.

Local retailer here told me long ago that reception where I live was a no-no.

I found could receive it with an amplifier just before the set. Eventually stumped up for a high gain aerial.
Fine most of the time and only need to be wary of heavy weather conditions when instead of "snowing" the screen goes black just in the middle of something being taped!

Incidently too much amplification will make things worse not better. Presumably distortion from overload like trying to listen to sound with too much gain and awful overloaded speakers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…