Which digital camera fshould I buy

MARCOVANELMES 19:30 27 Dec 05

Hi
I am looking to buy a digital camera for around £200, which should I go for.

I am looking for a camera that has good all round features including video recording with sound.

Hamish 19:48 27 Dec 05

I like Canon but look here for advice click here

anchor 13:09 28 Dec 05

Having read the review of the Canon A620, (7.1 Mpixel). I was most impressed!. For the price you could not do better.

£216.65 at Amazon, free p/p.

click here

reviews:

click here

click here

Salut 17:59 28 Dec 05

Your question is highly subjective-personally I find the Samsung range hard to beat for features and value for money.

hssutton 20:07 28 Dec 05

I don't suppose you could increase that amount to £279, as click here have probably the best bargain you could wish for.

This being the Panasonic LUMIX DMC-FZ20 with Leica lens. A number of my photographic friends use this camera as back-up to their DSLRs and they all give glowing reports

Stuartli 20:32 01 Jan 06

Just buying a digital (or film camera for that matter) merely on specifications alone is not advisable.

You need to know how it feels and handles and whether you are comfortable with it.

If you go to Jessops you can do all this with your choice of model(s) and the outlet has a price match policy.

Stuartli 20:33 01 Jan 06

Is that the model which has an SLR styled body?

If so, it's recently been featured in national newspaper advertisements at £199.99 (half price).

hssutton 22:26 01 Jan 06

Yes that's the one. at this price assuming you can find one, it's an amazing bargain.

I'm off on holiday to Kenya in a couple of weeks, if I can find one then I will buy it as back-up to my DSLRs.

I've been searching the web, but yet to find one.

Harry

archie330 19:44 03 Jan 06

Tough luck, guys. Jessops were selling the Panasonic FZ20 for £199.99 but they are all sold out, I know,I tried for one.
How about its little brother the FZ5, shares a lot of its features and is current camera of the year in its class, for around £135.

archie330 19:46 03 Jan 06

Sorry the FZ5 is £235.

Tony 07:59 08 Jan 06

I shoot professionally with a canon 1d2 and the A620 is the best p&s camera that I have used in anything like this price range.

You will find lots of reviews of it. Try this one by Phil Askley who runs the best photographers site on the web
click here
and I bought mine here click here
and I can entirely recommend them too.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced