Which camera to go for?

Sparkly 12:25 PM 27 Sep 11
Answered

Hi all i was looking for some advice on some cameras i am looking at, i am not a david bailey by any strech of the mind but i do like taking photos, at the moment i have been using a Fuji finepix 6mp but as i have grown with it i find it annoying that when i go for a shot i.e of my grandson playing or in a pose that would make a good photo there is a delay from pushing the button to the camera actually takeing the shot, so i would like your advice on these two i am looking at.

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/nikon-d3100-digital-slr-camera-with-18-55mm-zoom-lens-07685659-pdt.html

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/samsung-nx11-compact-system-camera-with-18-55-i-function-lens-kit-black-10822642-pdt.html

I would like the camera to take the shot at the moment i push the button and capture the moment i wanted and allso to take the photograpy a little further. Thanks in advance.

alB 17:23 PM 27 Sep 11
Answer

Both cameras have similar shutter lag times but personally I would go for the Nikon, Heres a good comparison of both, snapsort

...alB

Sparkly 18:13 PM 27 Sep 11

Hi alB thanks for the link the Nikon seems to come out the stronger contender certinly worth considerind, allso with a bigger saveing. Thanks for your input. Sparkly

tomboard 07:06 AM 05 Oct 11

Hi this is tom and I am thinking of investing in a new camera to take pictures of wildlife, and nature. I would also like to take pictures of people, friends, faces and I want the pictures to be really HD and good quality. Preferably I want the camera to be able to record and I like the SLR camera's but I would also like the interactive system you get with normal digital ones.

Migwell 00:28 AM 05 Nov 11

For instant picture taking you need a SLR. Nikon D3100 D5100 or D7000 recomended. I would also recomend a Sigma 18 to 200 VR zoom lens instead of the 18 to 55 lens you get with a kit camera, and just buy the body which saves you some money to buy the Sigma.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? Windows 10 is now available, so do you have to upgrade? 8 reasons…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries discuss Designing the Future

How to run Windows 10 on Mac: How to run Windows 10 using Boot Camp or VirtualBox to install…