Where to Purchase Office Home & Business 2013

recurve132 11:04 10 Jan 16

I'm looking to purchase the above for a present and have seen it for sale on several websites for less than places like PC World, John Lewis etc. Is it risky purchasing software from 'non-mainstream' suppliers? Or maybe a better question is 'can anyone recommend where to buy this product from at its best price?' thnaks

Forum Editor 10:48 11 Jan 16

"Is it risky purchasing software from 'non-mainstream' suppliers?"

It can be, which is why I always recommend buying direct from Microsoft where Office is concerned.

Forgive me, but is there a specific reason for wanting Office 2013? You could probably save a fair bit of money by getting Office 365.

recurve132 17:55 11 Jan 16

Thanks for the reply. 2013 required as less expensive than 2016 and I don't require the extra feature on 2016. Not considers 365 as it's a subscription product that I calculate to work out more expensive ...unless I'm wrong. Happy to be proven wrong

Forum Editor 07:49 12 Jan 16

Office 365 is a subscription version, as you say, but there are definite advantages to it, in my opinion.

For a relatively inexpensive annual subscription, you will always have the latest version of Office, plus a large amount of OneDrive cloud storage for your files. You get the software on your desktop, as well as being able to use it from any computer, wherever you may be, and of course, you can access all your files from any computer as well. The Microsoft Cloud servers are about as secure as it gets.

recurve132 19:17 13 Jan 16

again, thanks for the advice. I'm only a low demand office user and in my case I'd get more value using 2013 (for a one-off circa £80.00) than subscribing to 365 for a similar annual fee. I do realise that for others, maybe most, 365 is the way forward however

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…