Where to buy a laptop under £900

ragingmountain 22:05 10 Oct 06

OK so budget is low but not looking to play games or be a desktop replacment.

Want:

Dual Core
512+ Ram Ideally 1gb+
50gb+ HD
OK graphics no fussed about gaming on it, but want it to handle Vista/dvds etc.
wifi
dvdrw

15"+ screen is ok 17" prop a big drain of batteries etc.

And decent battery life.

I can upgrade at later date so doesnt need to be tot spec, VALUE is the most important. Ideally £700 my top limit. But if good system can go higher.

Also if it comes with voucher for VISTA then thats a big bonus. But could do with it sooner rather than later.

Thanks

ArrGee 08:55 11 Oct 06

Give these people a call. A couple of friends have bought from them with good service.

click here

LABMAN 14:32 11 Oct 06

try this philips click here comes with Windows Media Edition 2GB ram and a 100GB hard drive £829.99 delivered free.

LABMAN 14:38 11 Oct 06

or try this compaq click here Windows XP home 1GB ram and a 100GB hard drive again free delivery.

roy 15:38 11 Oct 06

Have a look at Dell. For what you want they are quite good value.
click here

Other contributors have advised choosing specs and then phoning for a better deal.
Roy

ragingmountain 15:56 11 Oct 06

Yea have done that previously for a Dell (phoned that is after choosing spec online) for a friend, got her double everything and free delivery when not mentioned on the web, and an extra 5% off with a code i had.

mikef. 17:58 11 Oct 06

Novatech click here is where I'd look for good quality at a good price

ragingmountain 21:16 11 Oct 06

Novatech good, once opp sys etc added then becomes more expensive etc although, could go without and run vista rc1 for 6 months!.... mmmmm!

How about this?
click here

I know time (tiny) got slated and closed down, but i had a time machine in the past 1999 and it was great value for money at the time.. Would have preferd the smaller 15.4" screen though! Am keeping looking so keep the suggestions coming... i appreciate them..

jack 19:14 12 Oct 06
  utdred 14:40 13 Oct 06

Take a look at these click here, I got recommended by a few friends. so far so good.

note = good if you are in search of value.

daisy2bell 08:04 14 Oct 06

Also have a look at
HP Pavilion dv2000

I have just bought this about 4 weeks ago from PCworld. So far very satisfied.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…