What lead is best for my projector

Hullite 10:14 31 Aug 06

Help, can anybody tell me which will give me the best picture from the following. My projector is a epson tw20 and currently i have it connected to the back of my dvd player with a scart to rgb component on the projector. However I have heard that Scart to VGA gives a better quality picture. Does anybody know if this is true and if so how much of a change will i notice. Thanks in advance

DieSse 16:46 31 Aug 06

If they start from a SCART, they won't magically improve by running them through a SCART to VGA converter (which are not cheap, BTW).

I really suspect that if you could see a difference it might be worse, not better, as more processing of signals tends to make them deteriorate.

DieSse 16:47 31 Aug 06

PS - does your DVD have any better outputs than SCART - most other types are better!

STREETWORK 21:28 31 Aug 06

Can you alter the resolution of the projector?

There is also a menu to change quickly:

Dynamic/ Living Room/ Natural/ Theatre / Theatre Black 1/ Theatre Black 2

rupie 23:33 03 Sep 06

you will not get a better image converting scart to VGA. The scart cable carries may signals and check the projector and DVD are set to componant or RGB and NOT composite. The projector will select the correct resolution for the input signal. if your dvd and projector have a seperate componant set of connectors you could use these but if your scart is set to componant then this will make no difference. Do not be fooled by over expensive cables, this will make very little difference.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…