What a bummer

karmgord 20:41 17 Jul 09

I bought a Sony integrated tv which apparently the digital tuner will no longer work after full digital changeover,very disappointing considering i paid a lot extra to "future proof".
It is not possible to upgrade only an external set top box.

laurie53 09:38 18 Jul 09

Why won't it work after changeover?

oldbeefer2 12:31 18 Jul 09

I thought Digital is Digital and what works now will work after the changeover. All that happens then is the analogue signals are turned off (and the digital ones increase in strength).

oresome 16:38 18 Jul 09

I believe none of the existing freeview digital receivers, either STB or built in, will work with HD transmissions which are being introduced shortly.

I fear STBs are a fact of life for anyone who wishes to keep up with TV technology.

Not sure why the existing digital tuner won't continue to receive SD broadcasts though.

karmgord 19:06 18 Jul 09

assured by Sony it won't work despite being an integrated digital tuner something to do with a change of the digital standard,from 2k to 8k
as for HD that's another thing entirely

laurie53 20:59 18 Jul 09

When did you buy it?

Since the digital standard was set a long time ago it looks as if you have been sold something which is not fit for purpose, i.e. a digital television which will not receive digital signals.

sunnystaines 22:53 18 Jul 09

did you get the sony 5 year guarentee?

karmgord 22:59 18 Jul 09

No warranty,sony claim the digital standard have been altered, and that it's not their fault

sunnystaines 01:26 19 Jul 09

were the 2k to 8k changes made public before you bought if so the vendor should have made this known at time of sale.

laurie53 06:55 19 Jul 09

Why are Sony the only ones to have heard of, and be affected by, this change to the digital standard?

sunnystaines 09:27 19 Jul 09

we have a sony tv with a built in freeview, its older box shape not plasma/lcd/tft style how do you tell if you have 2k or 8k?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5