Web Cam Problems...

darkfire225 11:00 05 Sep 07

Hay all...

Well I've been given a web cam... but the person I got it from dosen't have any of the CD need to instal it on my PC and there no names/ marksing on to...

so I'd like to know if there is someone out there that could tell me what make it is... or tell me where i can download the right driver for it...

Images of web cam...
click here

click here

Thanks for any help
Darkfire

brundle 12:01 05 Sep 07

Plug it in, allow windows to `not recognise` it, go to Device Manager, click on the uknown device in under USB devices, click Properties, click Detaisl, with luck you will have a `Device Instance ID` you can work with.
click here

darkfire225 12:19 05 Sep 07

I found it... the code is

USB\VID_0C45&PID_6005\5&339E9CE1&0&1

Well I've tryed this in google but got nowhere... maybe someone else could have more luck with it...

brundle 23:49 05 Sep 07

might be one of these; click here

The IDs match the product below, but it may just be the same chip inside - nothing that looks like it on the Microdia site.

0c45 Microdia
1060 iFlash SM-Direct Card Reader
184c VoIP Phone
6001 Genius VideoCAM NB
6005 Sweex Mini WebCam

darkfire225 11:37 06 Sep 07

well I tryed Sweex Mini WebCam... but no joy.. ??? i hope i can get this sorted out...

Stuartli 18:35 09 Sep 07

You've certainly been asking around..:-)

click here

click here

It may just work with other basic webcam drivers - I had a D-Link NetEasy 350 Pro that did just that with Creative Webcam Plus drivers - but also try letting Windows Add New Hardware and search the Net for a driver.

teddy_luv1234 19:05 18 Feb 08

anyone know where i can find the webcam drivers for a "tescos value webcam" its for my little cousin whos lost the CD that came with it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac