Web Cam Problems...

darkfire225 11:00 05 Sep 07

Hay all...

Well I've been given a web cam... but the person I got it from dosen't have any of the CD need to instal it on my PC and there no names/ marksing on to...

so I'd like to know if there is someone out there that could tell me what make it is... or tell me where i can download the right driver for it...

Images of web cam...
click here

click here

Thanks for any help
Darkfire

brundle 12:01 05 Sep 07

Plug it in, allow windows to `not recognise` it, go to Device Manager, click on the uknown device in under USB devices, click Properties, click Detaisl, with luck you will have a `Device Instance ID` you can work with.
click here

darkfire225 12:19 05 Sep 07

I found it... the code is

USB\VID_0C45&PID_6005\5&339E9CE1&0&1

Well I've tryed this in google but got nowhere... maybe someone else could have more luck with it...

brundle 23:49 05 Sep 07

might be one of these; click here

The IDs match the product below, but it may just be the same chip inside - nothing that looks like it on the Microdia site.

0c45 Microdia
1060 iFlash SM-Direct Card Reader
184c VoIP Phone
6001 Genius VideoCAM NB
6005 Sweex Mini WebCam

darkfire225 11:37 06 Sep 07

well I tryed Sweex Mini WebCam... but no joy.. ??? i hope i can get this sorted out...

Stuartli 18:35 09 Sep 07

You've certainly been asking around..:-)

click here

click here

It may just work with other basic webcam drivers - I had a D-Link NetEasy 350 Pro that did just that with Creative Webcam Plus drivers - but also try letting Windows Add New Hardware and search the Net for a driver.

teddy_luv1234 19:05 18 Feb 08

anyone know where i can find the webcam drivers for a "tescos value webcam" its for my little cousin whos lost the CD that came with it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…