Watch free to view via Sky

Hetti 19:29 PM 08 Jan 11

Hi all
I have an old sky reciever and satilite dish which gets the basic channels and is used in a bedroom.

My question is is there any way I can view channels like Dicovery/Crime Scene Investigation/History/and yesterday, on it without a subscription.

Im not sure if they are covered on Freeview or freesat.
I did search myself before posting but found the whole thing confusing.

BRYNIT 21:38 PM 08 Jan 11

A list of freesat channels click here

dms_05 10:59 AM 09 Jan 11

A comparison chart click here

Note that channels come and go on Freesat so don't take this as 100% accurate.

One further option is Freesat from Sky which may be cheaper to install than Freesat and doesn't have a monthly subscription once you've bought the equipment. It also gives access to a few additional channels over Freesat click here

However you will have to pay a subscription to watch a subscription channel. The Freesat from Sky option allows you an upgrade path at a later stage if you wish to go that route.

dms_05 11:04 AM 09 Jan 11

Sorry I should have said your existing equipment is already a Freesat from Sky set up and you can see all the channels available there. Have you upgraded to the new white Sky Viewing Card to allow you access to FTV (Free to View Channels which require decrypting but no subscription - these are only available via Sky). If you haven't then a one off payment of £25 will allow access to these channels which ARE listed in the Freesat from Sky listing.

Hetti 12:00 PM 09 Jan 11

Thanks guys

The comparison chart link is broken.
The Sky option looks good but unfortunatly the channels I like are not there.
i might still buy the card from Sky though.

It seems as if the programes I want are only available if I buy a subscrition.

Thanks for the info

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to watch Adobe Max 2015: See Adobe unveil new Creative Cloud features for Photoshop,…

Live Photo tips: How to take Live Photos on the iPhone 6s, how to view, share, edit and find Live…