Was My Bleuray Player Too Cheap?

jimforrest 21:28 18 Dec 14

A while back I bought a cheap(ish) Bleuray player because someone gave me a set of Monty Python films (Life of Brian etc) on Bleuray discs. Now I know when you watch a film you are supposed to stack up the treats (popcorn etc), have a full coffee pot ready, switch the phone off and put your feet up. I tend not to do that because too many other things get in the way.

I find that I can't stop the player and then restart it from the same place (even if I haven't removed the disc), so if I return to carry on watching the film I have to fast forward through the whole thing. Tedious to say the least.

So - did I just buy a cheap no-nonsense player and a better quality one will do what I want, or should I swap the Bleuray discs for DVD's and change the player (assuming a DVD player will allow stop/starting)? I presume that a DVD player will not play the Bleuray discs.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:18 19 Dec 14

Seems to be the luck of the draw.

most bluray discs will not resume,

some discs have a software feature written that will allow it but only if your player supports it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…