viewer for my composite video PC card....?

johnny666 13:09 13 Dec 07

Hi to everyone on the forum :-)

I have a software query regarding viewing full screen or 'windowed' live video signals input into my PC.

I'm running WMC on a Fujitsu Siemens PC, loaded with the default Philips Creatix hybrid analogue capture card with RF, composite and S-Video inputs. The card is working fine because if I input an RF signal into it Media centre will tune in on it, and if I input a composite input then I can capture the image using Nero.

Trouble is I want to use a Sky Box (via AV sender, which has been tested and works fine) and also a PS2 but both these devices give a composite output. Media Centre doesn't seem to want to recognise anything unless it an RF modulated input, and Nero won't give me a full screen image when previewing the video. I've tried adjusting the WMC settings everywhere but I cannot get it to recognise either the composite or S-Video input to the card, it just either scans the RF channels or asks for a 'remote control' cable to be plugged into the WMC remote control receiver and because I haven't got one it cancels everytime.

All I want to do is put the composite video source on screen, in a window, or full screen. Has anyone any suggestions or any bits of free software that might do it? I don't need to edit it, just watch.

Many thanks in anticipation - John

MCE2K5 00:53 20 Dec 07

If you've got MCE 2005, click here

If you've got Vista, click here

johnny666 13:07 20 Dec 07

Thanks for that :-)

I subsequently found my remote extenders for the media centre remote control unit so did in fact manage to get a composite video signal on screen. The problem is that there is some considerable lag (approximately one second) when viewing the source, which makes gaming on the PS2 somewhat... interesting!

Anyone recommend viewing software that can access my card without any latency?

Best wishes - John

johnny666 17:36 20 Dec 07

I have resolved this as I found out that Nero does indeed have a button to show previewed video full screen, so I can view the composite video input full screen with no latency :-)

Best wishes for the festive season - John

ZXQ16 21:20 30 Jan 08

Which version of Nero can you view the composite video input full screen with no latency???

Or what is the of the Nero program??

Because I have the same problem as you had

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac