Video8

lofty758 17:50 07 Aug 09

I have recently been given a Sony Video8 handycam.
I can playback the video on a TV using the supplied RFU adaptor but I would like to save the footage to my PC.

Is there an easy way to do this possibly by purchasing an analogue PCTV tuner?

I don't want to open the PC case as it is only 3 months old (warranty).

Any help would be appreciated.

HP Pavilion 2GB memory running Vista Home Premium.

ArrGee 21:48 07 Aug 09

If the PC is only 3 months only, it probably has some video-in connections. Can you detail all of the ports on the PC?

ArrGee 21:48 07 Aug 09

And...
click here

lofty758 22:05 07 Aug 09

I only have the usual for loudspeakers,monitor,lan,usb,keyboard and mouse,
VGA,VGA-DVI,DVI,HDMI monitor.

BRYNIT 00:32 08 Aug 09

From maplins click here

BRYNIT 18:05 08 Aug 09

From lofty758

Many thanks. I have bought it from Maplins & it does exactly what I wanted.

lofty758 Thank you for your email.

To help others it is better to respond to the original thread to let every one know.

As this has now been resolved could you put a tick in the resolved box.

As you may be a new member and some forum member do not like being contacted via email I have included to help you part of the forum rules with regard contacting other forum members.

Private messages – Each post will be headed with the username of the member involved, plus a small envelope
icon. The icon enables you to contact an individual forum member by email – although the person’s email address
will not be revealed to you at the time. Please remember that this facility is only to be used when absolutely
necessary – when privacy is important, or when the person asks you to make contact in this way. Unsolicited emails
can be considered an invasion of privacy, and unless it’s really necessary you shouldn’t contact another member in
this way. If you receive a message from a forum user you should remember that although that person doesn’t see
your address at the time, it will be revealed if you reply to the email, so don't do that if you want to remain
anonymous. Generally it’s better to conduct all correspondence regarding a problem in the forum itself, for all to
see. Please contact us immediately should you ever receive an abusive email from another forum member.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac