video size

conrail 14:39 PM 08 May 11

I volunteer for a nationwide organisation that raises money for charity, each area has been given a video camera to shoot social nights, cheque presentaions etc. I have been asked to do it for my area, once completed the videos are uploaded to the organisations website I can upload a maximum of 500Gb at one go, my query is: how long it that time wise? all help and advice appreciated

natdoor 15:01 PM 08 May 11

That is a very large file. Are you sure that the figure is correct. I make it about the content of 12 DVDs. Upload time will depend on the quality of your broadband connection. Anything up to 600 hours.

conrail 15:42 PM 08 May 11

thanks natdoor & ßeta, that should be 500Mb, just emailed the secretary who has all the paperwork and he has emailed the relevant sheets to me, I apologise guys.

bremner 15:52 PM 08 May 11

If you have a broadband package that allows 1Mb upload then this is 0.125MB per second.

It would therefore take 500 / 0.125 = 4000 seconds = 67 minutes

conrail 15:54 PM 08 May 11

sorry missed part of your question ßeta, the video will be mp4 but I can convert it using DVD Flick or DVD Fab

conrail 16:14 PM 08 May 11

thanks bremner, I appreciate your help here's me thinking short films, about 10 minutes may be too long

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Book review: Hands-on with Microsoft's impressive first laptop (better yet, it's a tablet t)…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Walking Dead VFX: a look back from Seasons 1-6

New Apple TV 2015 release date and UK price: buy from Apple in late October, in store in November