video size

conrail 14:39 PM 08 May 11

I volunteer for a nationwide organisation that raises money for charity, each area has been given a video camera to shoot social nights, cheque presentaions etc. I have been asked to do it for my area, once completed the videos are uploaded to the organisations website I can upload a maximum of 500Gb at one go, my query is: how long it that time wise? all help and advice appreciated

natdoor 15:01 PM 08 May 11

That is a very large file. Are you sure that the figure is correct. I make it about the content of 12 DVDs. Upload time will depend on the quality of your broadband connection. Anything up to 600 hours.

conrail 15:42 PM 08 May 11

thanks natdoor & ßeta, that should be 500Mb, just emailed the secretary who has all the paperwork and he has emailed the relevant sheets to me, I apologise guys.

bremner 15:52 PM 08 May 11

If you have a broadband package that allows 1Mb upload then this is 0.125MB per second.

It would therefore take 500 / 0.125 = 4000 seconds = 67 minutes

conrail 15:54 PM 08 May 11

sorry missed part of your question ßeta, the video will be mp4 but I can convert it using DVD Flick or DVD Fab

conrail 16:14 PM 08 May 11

thanks bremner, I appreciate your help here's me thinking short films, about 10 minutes may be too long

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday deals & best UK Black Friday tech…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Jean Jullien, Supermundane and more design badges for Farmdrop's 'local food revolution'

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know