Video recorder & FreeSat

phil 19:26 10 Dec 05

I had FreeSat installed on Thursday and now I can't get my video recorder to work correctly.

Video is a JVC HR-J795EK with auto set-up. I have all the leads etc fitted correctly and the video will switch on and off but I just can't get into the screen for setting a recording.

It was originally set for BBC1, BBC2, ITV and Channel 4 with a skip on the remaining 95. Sky works by using 101 for BBC1, 102 for BBC2 and so on.

I have looked at the manual for re-setting the video channels but it say's that once they have been set they cannot be changed without phoning a help line.

I have also tried to record with the SKY box switched off but I still can't get into the recording screen.

I can only think that the probem involves the re-setting of the channel numbers so does anyone know how to do it.

BRYNIT 21:50 10 Dec 05

If you have the video connected via scart check that you have the correct connection from the back of the video to your tv.

Checking the instruction manual from the JVC web site L1 goes to the TV. L2 would connect to Sat box.

To record from sat box record from L2 channel.

Looking through the instructions you Video recorder has Auto and manual chanel setup. You can change channel setting manualy at any time following the instructions.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…