video file format on phone

DANZIG 15 Feb 10

I've got a g2 handset and the video camera on it, whilst being very good, appears to do the files in 3gp format. For some easing these won't play on my Vista laptop. Any reason for that or am I missing something?

Strawballs 15 Feb 10

My phone records with MP4 and that would not work untill I installed Nero 8

wolfie3000 16 Feb 10

This will help and doesn't require you to install nero.

click here

DANZIG 16 Feb 10

Thanks, I'll give that a shot when I get home.

DANZIG 16 Feb 10

Tried a few things from there. Can't seem to get anything to work - I'll give it a shot in the morning...

John B 17 Feb 10

It seems to cope with most file formats.

DANZIG 17 Feb 10

Just tried that VLC player. Either I'm doing something wrong or missing something really obvious. Nothing seems to work.

John B 17 Feb 10
  John B 17 Feb 10

3gp!

DANZIG 17 Feb 10

I've tried all these programs suggested and installed them.

I go through the cnmversion process and all looks good. Then I try and play the damn thing in WMP and get the same error message appearing.

Annoying!!!

DANZIG 13 Mar 10

Bizzarely, the videos work fine if I upload them straight to YouTube, which I worked out yesterday I can do directly from my phone. All is not lost then, and will save me a bit of hard disc space.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Why Formula-e needs to go faster

How Instagram spots trends

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message