video editing software

Roy* 13:22 20 Jun 08

Can anyone recommend a easy to use software for editing videos, fairly basic for my daughter to use? Is there anything that is available as a free download?

Pamy 14:15 20 Jun 08

XP has windows moviemaker2 already

fdswert 10:11 21 Jun 08

There are such softwares at download.com

David4637 14:51 21 Jun 08

NOTE: WMM2 will not burn directly to DVD.
You could use Ulead, Pinnacle studio - I use version 943, or there are some quite expensive packages. David

Roy* 13:29 23 Jun 08

There's a canon 'movie editor' that came with my camera, not sure how good that is?

eggzy43 21:32 01 Jul 08

hi roy
i use magix movie maker pro, i've seen it from under £20 on ebay or amazon. its got a very easy interface, but there's loads of advanced features. it puts many video editors to shame. go for it, you will not be disappointed.

eric

Proclaimer 23:22 01 Jul 08

if you are going to buy some software.

I guarantee that after your Daughter edits a few and gets used to it all She will want more. I would recommend Sony Vegas Movie Studio 8 Platinum Edition. Costs about £50.00 on Amazon.

This has many editing features, and burning/converting software. Also, you can download a full working version for use for 30 or 60 days. Plenty time to learn the application and worth the extra effort.

Roy* 08:25 02 Jul 08

I downloaded 2 different editors from download.com. I haven't got round to installing them yet and can't remember what they're called. I'll install and compare those.

In terms of buying something decent, during next year she'll be in her final GCSE year. In I-media they will be doing video editing as one of the modules, so it would be worth finding out what software it is and getting this. I appreciate this may not be the best but it will make life easier for her during that year. After that we could always look into the others that you've suggested.

Thanks again guys

itsmee 18:28 03 Jul 08

Using Windows Vista Home Premium my subscores are quite good except for my graphics at only 2.2. I want to edit HD video using ulead Videostudio 11.5 can anyone recommend a decent Graphics card to cope with this.
Many thanks

sunnystaines 09:33 24 Feb 09

i have a copy of magix but if your a novice like me it is very hard to get going with it help files and support are poor.

wenling85 08:57 17 Mar 09

windows movie maker 2.1

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced