video editing

baldyx 17:14 02 Mar 08

My camcorder video output is AVI Type 1.
Is there a software which accepts Type 1 video so that I can cretae a dvd without any video conversion?

Currenlty I am using a software which does not produce audio from AVI Type 1 format, so I have to convert first to Type 2 and the resulting video quality is very poor.

Les28 19:14 02 Mar 08

I used to have that trouble until I updated my video editing software, Pinnacle Studio 8 I had did not accept Type 1, I now have Pinnacle Studio 10.5 and it does accept Type 1 and I guess latest versions of video editing software will accept Type 1, but worth checking first.

I used to convert using freeware Canopus File coverter from type 1 to type 2 and it converted fine but limited to about 5.6 GB I think max file size for conversion.

WinDV is freeware which I think lets you capture as either Type 1 or type 2, no editing facilities with it, it's just for capturing onto hard drive.

Les28 19:34 02 Mar 08

I also have Serif Movie Plus 5 and Arc Soft Showbiz DVD and both video editing programmes will accept Type 1 AVI files for editing. Or if you have Nero, Nero Vision Express 3 will accept AVI Type 1.

baldyx 13:21 03 Mar 08

Thanks.
I have used WinDV in the past but the quality of output Type 2 video is not the same as the input type 1.
Will try your other suggestions.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now