video to dvd

sunnystaines 13:37 11 Dec 08

How do I do it have not got a clue, have a magix software with leads but did not come with a manual so not installed it.I tried registering for help on magix web awaiting confirmation. looking for any webs that show tutorials.

my graphics card is 7600gs is that ok, using vista O/S.

MCE2K5 21:58 11 Dec 08

Have you checked the disc for Manual in the form of a PDF.

Failing that, Which Program is it and what Problems do you have?

"my graphics card is 7600gs is that ok": Yes it is, as video editing does not use 3D Graphics, A Fast Processor helps as well.

sunnystaines 10:47 12 Dec 08

MCE2K5

thanks for your help, i had not loaded the software might try that. did not know where to start in set up.

1] do i disconnect the video player and plug into pc with leads, or move my pc setup next to the tv and video set up.

MCE2K5 00:51 13 Dec 08

It would be easier to move the VCR, Less bits to move about.

If you get any problems, Tag them on this Thread.

sunnystaines 09:06 14 Dec 08

manual was on the cd, will have a good read first need to sort out the set up of all these leads,

sunnystaines 11:45 14 Dec 08

loaded the software had a good look into the help section and lost on the connection of the video to the pc.

[My intention is simple transfer of an old pre recorded video to dvd for some to view in hospital]

can someone confirm is this all i do

using one lead fit the scart [out] to video then yellow lead to graphics card, and the red audio and white audio to the sound card [ slight problem with audigy2 card sockets not colour coded]

in the magix box was a lead with what looks like a large usb key with two red and white audio leads, a yellow CVBS lead and black S-video all these leads bar USB are female. Do I need this lead for the above purpose?.

sunnystaines 12:14 14 Dec 08

further to the above the audigy 2 sound card has 6 jack sockets unable to find on the support site which two jacks to use.

MCE2K5 23:40 14 Dec 08

"in the magix box was a lead with what looks like a large usb key with two red and white audio leads, a yellow CVBS lead and black S-video all these leads bar USB are female. Do I need this lead for the above purpose?.":

Yes, That gizzmo take the Video & Sound into your PC for editing & Burning to Disc.

If this click here Is the Magix Program, Then this click here is the USB Key.

Stick the USB Key in a USB2 Socket, Connect VCR to the Yellow RCA (Video) or Black (SVideo). Audio is Red to Red and White to White.

sunnystaines 08:25 15 Dec 08

MCE2K5

thanks for the info, do i use both leads or just the gizzmo one you mentioned.

this is all new to me and i do not want to blow anything by getting it wrong, really grateful for the help.

sunnystaines 11:44 15 Dec 08

MCE2K5

you had the right links, first time i viewed i did not view long enough, i now see that the coloured leads plug into each other and not into the sound card. what happens to a black lead called S-VIDEO?

I new to all this so type set up.

MCE2K5 16:54 15 Dec 08

"what happens to a black lead called S-VIDEO?":

Nothing, You can have either the Black S-Video or Yellow RCA for Video Input. (One or the Other).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…