vhs tape recorder needs updated lead for vhs to dv

De Nada 20:11 15 Nov 09

I have quite a few old vhs tapes that i would like to convert to dvd,trouble is,my vhs recorder has a scart socket but no composite sockets(the red,white,and yellow)is there a lead that i could buy to link the capture device to the video recorder so i can connect it to my pc?

De Nada 20:33 15 Nov 09

There is also an s-video on the capture device if i can get a cable for that,thanks.

De Nada 20:46 15 Nov 09

Thanks very much,that looks the job,i will have a look on amazon aswell.

De Nada 20:48 15 Nov 09

Midgetninja

Thanks very much,that looks the job,i will have a look on amazon aswell.

De Nada 19:40 18 Nov 09

I bought a scart to phono lead it had three imputs and three outputs (two red,white,and yellow) i connected it to my old vhs recorder and plugged the out jacks to my honestech video capture device,the audio was fine,but video was terrible, would a scart to s-video lead be any better as there is a socket on the capture device? any assistance gratefully received.

by the way,i tried my old recorder with my tv and it was fine.

ICF 07:33 21 Nov 09

Are the tapes commercial ones?
They could be macrovision protected

De Nada 16:14 21 Nov 09

No,they are quite old ones of family and hols,i have had a reply from honestech,(its there software im using)and they advise me to get a bi-directional lead so i will have a look tomorrow,,thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…