VHS tape to PC/DVD

Rob Gibson 23 Apr 12

Hi,

I'm looking for an easy to use, easy to connect package to allow my mother in law to save her old VHS tapes to her laptop and later burn to DVD.

I must emphasise the "easy" part!

Thanks,

Rob.

dms_05 23 Apr 12
  john bunyan 23 Apr 12

The easiest way would be to use a DVD/VHS combi. Hardly worth buying a new one but here is a used example for £45 if still about.DVD/VHS COMBI. Probably others on eBay

Rob Gibson 23 Apr 12

Thanks for the suggestions.

A PC-based solution would be best as it offers the ability for editing out unwanted stuff, and stiching together short bits of footage.

john bunyan 23 Apr 12

If you read dms_05's link and google the subject, there is a lot of software available.(Google VHS to DVD) If you have a good DVD recorder with an HD and burner you can do it and edit out gaps etc. Both My Pioneer and Panasonic DVD recorders will let you do this by connecting the VHS player by SCART to the aux input. Takes a long time and the final quality nothing like a new DVD.

hath80 14 Jun 12

Well, you can simply google your question for solutions. When I did that, I found this tutorial useful: http://www.imatesoft.com/burn-dvd/convert-vhs-to-dvd.html

Good luck.

kategrin611 02 Jul 12

DVD maker that can make the output keep in original quality.

source: http://goo.gl/iZep3

Lazarus The 2nd 03 Jul 12

Spam by kategrin611

Click here

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Wimbledon 2015 live online: follow the tennis from your laptop or PC

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

HTC's head designer on what's exciting in designing for mobile right now

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message