VHS to DVD via PC

DavidB71 21:21 04 Oct 05

Gave up on this issue ages ago and bought a dvd recorder. Can't edit titles & thumbnails etc but it is by far the easiest way to get vhs onto dvd. I bought pinnacle's studio 9 with it's own breakout box (porche designed, ooh) and a firewire lacie external drive to record onto. No matter what I did the resulting playback from the dvd on the telly was never as good as the original vhs. Even when watching on a pc, some of the titles i'd put in between scenes would not appear! Waste of time.

What I would like is a nice prog that will let me load the dvd's i've made on the recorder, put titles in and then put back on another dvd with no loss of quality. Is this possible anyone? Thanking you.

moodboom 22:42 09 Oct 05

Guess somebody will read this eventually. :(

Confab 12:59 10 Oct 05

Nero will do this for you.

moodboom 11:03 17 Dec 05

Ok bought nero 6 and tried this. I'm not enjoying using this program AND it keeps dropping frames or audio when I record to the pc from the dvd. I'm quite sure my athalon 64 machine is up to spec with its 256Radeon and Creative audigy. Maybe I'll try Magix or some other dvd authoring package to compare.

zarobian 08:33 18 Dec 05

ArcSoft SHOWBIZ will do every thing you want. Just download the trial version before you buy.

Z

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…