V7 PMD 1400 SatNav

anchor 15:48 06 Apr 07

I have just read the PCA review of the V7 PMD 1400 SatNav.

I am puzzled by the phrase, "We were touched by V7's regard for our safety, cautiously locking the screen on the move to prevent distraction".

Does this mean that the screen is static whilst your are driving, and/or does not show your current position in real time?.

Do you know which mapping is used; TeleAtlas or Navteq?.

Forum Editor 17:12 06 Apr 07

but I suspect it means the screen is locked as far as selection of options is concerned - to prevent you fiddling with it when you should be concentrating on the road.

If it does mean that it's a great idea.

anchor 09:10 07 Apr 07

Thank you FE for your reply; you may well be right.

Perhaps the magazine reviewer might care to clarify, together with the answer re: the mapping source.

It seems generally thought that TeleAtlas mapping is better for Europe, and Navteq better for the USA.

mazlb 13:26 13 Apr 07

Sorry, you've waited so long - I hadn't noticed your post. It means that you can choose to put the device into safe mode, in which you are unable to operate the screen while the car is in motion. I hope that's a little clearer?

Marie

mazlb 13:33 13 Apr 07

The maps are by MyGuide.

Marie

mazlb 13:40 13 Apr 07

... and MyGuide maps are based on TeleAtlas mapping!

anchor 08:19 14 Apr 07

mazlb

Thanks you for your replies.

All is now clear.

Bon Route!

zarobian 16:33 16 Apr 07

Can sombody direct me,where to buy this product. I could not find a UK dealer!!!

zarobian 16:38 16 Apr 07

I did find a dealer now which I couldn't find day before yesterday but not sure about the accessories supplied with it.

mazlb 09:33 17 Apr 07

If you type V7 pmd 1400 into Froogle it comes up with quite a few results. The thing to look out for is that in some shops are selling it cheaper with UK and Ireland maps, rather than European maps. We received a windscreen mount, mains and cigarette lighter chargers, a stylus and a 1GB SD card with our review model, and I'd imagine this is pretty standard - but it's worth checking before you buy.

Marie

zarobian 07:02 18 Apr 07

Thanks for the info.

'Z'

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…