using SE K800 to access the net.. can I view pages on pc?

theDarkness 29 May 08

I know i can use my sony ericsson k800i phone as a modem to access the internet via my laptop whilst on the move, but it is too expensive being charged per minute, so is not really worth it. What i am wondering is when using my k800i on its own to access the net normally, whether i could have it connected to my pc and have the pc display what i should be viewing on the phone, so that my usual cut-down k800i net access is viewable via the laptop, perhaps most likely via unofficial software? ..this would be better as the net via the phone is a set charge for xxx mb per month, and im not keen on viewing pages on such a small screen! using the phone right now :) Thanks for any info

mkennyd 04 Jul 08

Get back to basics
If i can receive all internet access on my cheap w200i i'm sure you'd have no probs.
Image quality is sharp and pretty fast on my regular lap top, and a seven day bundle for a fiver is cheap in comparison, also no contracts, no direct debit rubbish, just top up on the phone as you would for calls.
Recommended this to whiteladder, for him just a matter of changing phone companies.
Give Orange a go, might save you a lot of grief.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Wimbledon 2015 live online: follow the tennis from your laptop or PC

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

HTC's head designer on what's exciting in designing for mobile right now

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message