using SE K800 to access the net.. can I view pages on pc?

theDarkness 20:23 PM 29 May 08

I know i can use my sony ericsson k800i phone as a modem to access the internet via my laptop whilst on the move, but it is too expensive being charged per minute, so is not really worth it. What i am wondering is when using my k800i on its own to access the net normally, whether i could have it connected to my pc and have the pc display what i should be viewing on the phone, so that my usual cut-down k800i net access is viewable via the laptop, perhaps most likely via unofficial software? ..this would be better as the net via the phone is a set charge for xxx mb per month, and im not keen on viewing pages on such a small screen! using the phone right now :) Thanks for any info

mkennyd 15:51 PM 04 Jul 08

Get back to basics
If i can receive all internet access on my cheap w200i i'm sure you'd have no probs.
Image quality is sharp and pretty fast on my regular lap top, and a seven day bundle for a fiver is cheap in comparison, also no contracts, no direct debit rubbish, just top up on the phone as you would for calls.
Recommended this to whiteladder, for him just a matter of changing phone companies.
Give Orange a go, might save you a lot of grief.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday deals & best UK Black Friday tech…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Jean Jullien, Supermundane and more design badges for Farmdrop's 'local food revolution'

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know