using daul co-axil cable for saterlite installation

jedcav 13:52 PM 10 Oct 13

hi was wondering if you can help me

i have recently installed 6 x tv points in my property i ran them in daul co-axil cable ( for use with sky+ ) each point is run as a radial back to a space in my loft but i only have 1 x feed from the sky dish is there a certain spliter / booster i could use as i would need a 12 output 6 x daul co axils

alanrwood 19:03 PM 10 Oct 13

What are you actually trying to do.

You can't just feed the Sky dish signal to every TV point. It must feed a Sky receiver. You can feed the output of the Sky receiver (RF) to a central distribution amplifier in the loft which can then distribute the signal by RF to each TV point. The problem is that you can only select one channel to every TV point.

HondaMan 15:49 PM 21 Oct 13

Surely it depends on whether each TV has its own digital tuner built in. If they do, then it's only a matter of providing a digital feed? Unless, of course, you know better.

alanrwood 19:44 PM 21 Oct 13

Yes this is true but I would not think this is the case. If the OP confirms that this is the case then we can look at it again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Toshiba dynaPad release date, price and specs: Another Surface Pro 4 rival with Windows 10

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Google Maps for web gets a Material Design-inspired makeover

New Apple TV 2015 release date and UK price: buy from Apple in late October, in store in November