usb media storage on tv

nufc1958 11:27 AM 23 Feb 13

i have a tv which says i can record onto usb,then playback ,which type and size of usb do i need and best place to by one

Nontek 19:20 PM 23 Feb 13

Make and Model of TV ??

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:57 PM 25 Feb 13

USB sticks are pretty standard look for offers for a cheap one (some fakes on the net) Rymans have a 32Gb stick on offer at the moment.

Your TV manual will tell you what format the stick needs to be for your TV to see and record on it (usually FAT32).

digitalddo 12:29 PM 06 Mar 13

Of course, TV shows can be recorded to any external drive like USB drive. In new advanced TVs, there is an option to record to USB. You have to attach your USB drive to TV USB Port then follows the following quidelines, but first you ensure that your TV support recording technology.

1 Attach your USB HDD (note you must have USB HDD) to TV USB port, which is mostly found on back of the TV.

2 Use fresh or formated drive, most TVs give support to format USB HDD also.

3 Now, you are ready to record TV shows with the remote control by clicking the record button on your remote control, you can pause and play also. Your recorded data will automatically stored on you USB HDD.

Hope this helps

mart7 18:13 PM 09 Mar 13

Lets hope its not a "logik" tv from currys,i bought one for a bedroom tv the only formats it supports to playback from usb memory stick are .dat and vob unbelievable,shame cos the tvs rather good

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Cyber Monday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday weekend deals & best UK Cyber Monday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best Black Friday Deals for designers and artists – updated

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know