USB Hub to use with multiple usb devices

Finlay67 18:37 18 Mar 15

Hi there,

I have recently bought a usb hub to connect many of my usb devices to my laptop, however, the usb hub doesn't provide enough power. Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions of a hub that would power all of the following; USB microphone, USB headphone Amp/DAC, USB mouse and USB keyboard. I understand that this is a lot to power but just wondering if it is possible with any usb hub without sacrificing on quality. I produce music so wouldn't want any loss of quality in this respect. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

wee eddie 02:12 19 Mar 15

Powered Hubs are fairly common. I would assume that there are Hubs with different capacities although I have never checked that.

I have a 7 Outlet Powered Hub which happily connects a Printer, powers a Scanner and charges my Galaxy S3 all together. I've never had all 7 connections working at the same time though. Amazon was its source

alanrwood 11:56 19 Mar 15

You should be able to get a powered hub on eBay for less than a tenner.

madanforever4u 14:00 26 May 15

dont expect good results from using wrong chargers.laptops not gives required voltage for phones. every phone has various specifications compared to others. use only company products. otherwise your battery life decreases and your phone causes software problems.

Batch 08:51 27 May 15

I would fully expect a powered USB hub to provide full rated power on all ports all the time (I believe it is 500mA on USB2 and 900mA on USB3). There's not much point in it being a powered hub otherwise.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…