Update Data Sony RDR-HXD870B

shauleor 13:48 26 May 08

My Sony RDR-HXD870B switches on automatically three times a day and the message on the LCD screen is "Update Data". Does anybody know what kind of data is updated three times a day and also if the time of these updates can be manually scheduled? As the device is in my bedroom, sometimes I am waken up by its turning on at 5:00 am. Many thanks.

ravingdave 15:02 26 May 08

It's updating the Electronic Programme Guide (EPG). Unfortunately there is no way to schedule these updates, or to switch them off. I have heard of others putting the mains power to the recorder onto a wall timer so the machine is switched off overnight, which is OK as long as you don't want to record anything during that period.

shauleor 15:32 26 May 08

Thanks a lot ravingdave for your reply. The truth is that sometime the updates take 2 minutes to finish and switch off the recorder, and sometimes more than an hour ?! But anyway, if there is no possibility to schedule them, the rest is irrelevant.

Pine Man 15:38 26 May 08

'the rest is irrelevant.'

Not really.

If it is not being used to record while you are asleep turn it off at the mains. Get more sleep and help save the planet;-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…