Unrooting Galaxy S1

morddwyd 20:38 07 Sep 13

I want to unroot my Galaxy S1 but I don't know which stock TOM to download, because I can't make head nor tail of the regional codes.

Can somebody please help - point me to a decoded list, or tell me which version I need?

jaywoo 17:49 08 Sep 13

It depends on the exact model of phone - there are usually a number of variants of one basic model, and the mobile provider you got it from.

Take out the battery and look for a sticker with the model number and FCC-ID on it, that'll give you a starting point. You should download Samsung Kies to connect to the phone. click here

morddwyd 20:26 08 Sep 13

Thanks for the response.

I know the version of the phone etc. as I rooted it myself but I now want to reverse the process.

Unfortunately the "Update.zip" file on my sd card has become corrupt, that is why I need a new one.

Kies is useless for this purpose (it's pretty useless anyway!) as it only works with a stock ROM, and in fact the first operation with most Odin procedures tell you to uninstall Kies.

jaywoo 22:56 08 Sep 13

This should help with the region codes; click here

morddwyd 07:54 09 Sep 13

Thanj you.

I searched the xda developers site, but never found that.

I'll have a browse through it later on - I should be able to find something there.

spuds 09:33 09 Sep 13

Jaywoo- Interesting list, can you please advice, because I assume that the Samsung listing for 3 network would be H3G - United Kingdom. Is this correct?.

mark2 20:49 12 Sep 13

they have the 1900 galaxy s firmware listed H3G here along with several other uk roms.Just as a matter of interest why do you need to unroot (if thats not too nosy)

Be aware that with my S3 after returning to stock, kies would still not update until the csc code was corrected, which requires rooting

morddwyd 19:38 13 Sep 13

"why do you need to unroot "

Yeah, no problem.

I've upgraded and I want to pass the phone on, but I need to do a factory reset and wipe it.

As I said, the "update.zip" file on the sd card is corrupted and when I select it the phone just reboots.

Because I can't identify which custom ROM I used (I know, I now!) I thought unrooting and going back to stock might let me hieve this,

morddwyd 19:20 18 Sep 13

Final update

I actually managed to re-root the phone (thanks to xda developers)and have therefore managed a factory reset.

Thanks for all help and advice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…