Unlocked BlackBerry with 3

Kate B 20:15 PM 14 Aug 08

I suspect I'm going to be stuffed on this, but all thoughts and bright ideas are welcome.

I've been given an unlocked BlackBerry Pearl 8210 - a former review unit - by the PR. Stuck my 3 sim card in it and it works fine as a phone but it won't make a data connection. The sim is enabled for data, I've used it in loads of different handsets.

The spivvy-but-friendly-and-helpful lads in my local Fones4U reckon it's a nonstarter with 3. Their opinion is that 3 simply doesn't have settings for it, which makes sense as of course 3 doesn't sell the BlackBerry.

Before I give up, does anyone else have any thoughts?

jaritch 22:54 PM 14 Aug 08

You need a blackberry data plan. Don't know if 3 do them. Costs around a tenner a month with vodafone.

Kate B 23:42 PM 14 Aug 08

Thanks, jaritch, I already have all-you-can-eat data. In fact I seem - with a bit of help from a friend - to have got it working. I needed to enter 3's APN settings, which *crosses fingers* seem to have done the trick.

jaritch 08:33 AM 15 Aug 08

Glad you got it sorted Kate.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Toshiba dynaPad release date, price and specs: Another Surface Pro 4 rival with Windows 10

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Google Maps for web gets a Material Design-inspired makeover

New Apple TV 2015 release date and UK price: buy from Apple in late October, in store in November