Under-the-telly DVD format?

Kate B 12:42 09 Dec 05

Does anyone know what format an under-the-telly DVD recorder uses to record broadcast TV? I want to record my own occasional TV appearances and be able to stream them from my website ... would this be possible?

DieSse 12:47 09 Dec 05

I would suspect it records in standard DVD format (to ensure it can play back on all/most DVD players.

So you probably need a DVD to mpeg converter. Google will help ou out - eg free trial here click here

Kate B 12:54 09 Dec 05

Brilliant, thanks for that, DieSse. I'll leave this unticked for a bit to see if anyone has further wisdom.

Carbonara 12:58 09 Dec 05

Is that a recorder with built in HDD?

Kate B 13:00 09 Dec 05

no - I've got a separate hdd recorder. Actually, what I REALLY want if it exists is a multi-region DVD recorder with a Freeview tuner that also plays DivX DVDs. Anyone know of such a beast?

Simsy 03:07 11 Dec 05

and I suspect I'm preaching to the knowledgable, but there may be copyright issues with you making them available on your website, especially if you're being paid for the original appearance, and if other folk appear as well.

Regards,

Simsy

siouxah1 09:47 11 Dec 05

I don't know if this will help.
Have a Panasonic that quotes the recording system as "MPEG2 (Hybrid VBR)2.
I'm not sure what the hybrid VBR refers to.

Regards

Forum Editor 12:57 11 Dec 05

to stream any TV output from a website, unless you have a distribution right, or copyright licence.

powerless 18:17 11 Dec 05

What channel you on ;-)?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…