Unauthorized internet connection

charliep 11:56 23 Dec 10

I've just discovered that my phone, Sony Ericsson W715 with Vodafone, has been accessing the internet without my knowledge. It seems to happen every 2 weeks at midnight. I've checked the settings and apps on the phone but can't find anything to account for this. I also checked the Sony Ericsson forum and it appears I am not the only one with this problem. Vodafone's response is to bar internet access, but I feel this is not a satisfactory solution as it means I can't access the internet when I want to. Has anyone here had a similar problem? Any ideas how to resolve it?

Forum Editor 15:26 29 Dec 10

do you know how long it connects for? Is it visiting a clock update server for instance?

charliep 15:35 29 Dec 10

It doesn't connect for long. As far ad I can gather the downloads are about 200kb with the biggest just over 1Mb. I took it to a Vodafone shop today and they said they would send it away to be 'flashed'. They think it's a software problem but didn't seem surprised at all by it. I might try that after the hols.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What to expect from IFA 2016: Smartphones, tablets, smartwatches, TVs and more launching this at IF6…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Typography Influences Taste: A Wine Night with Expert Sarah Hyndman

iPhone 7 release date UK, iPhone 7 new features, iPhone 7 price, iPhone 7 specs, iPhone 7 rumours:…