Unauthorized internet connection

charliep 23 Dec 10

I've just discovered that my phone, Sony Ericsson W715 with Vodafone, has been accessing the internet without my knowledge. It seems to happen every 2 weeks at midnight. I've checked the settings and apps on the phone but can't find anything to account for this. I also checked the Sony Ericsson forum and it appears I am not the only one with this problem. Vodafone's response is to bar internet access, but I feel this is not a satisfactory solution as it means I can't access the internet when I want to. Has anyone here had a similar problem? Any ideas how to resolve it?

Forum Editor 29 Dec 10

do you know how long it connects for? Is it visiting a clock update server for instance?

charliep 29 Dec 10

It doesn't connect for long. As far ad I can gather the downloads are about 200kb with the biggest just over 1Mb. I took it to a Vodafone shop today and they said they would send it away to be 'flashed'. They think it's a software problem but didn't seem surprised at all by it. I might try that after the hols.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Microsoft claims its new VR lens system is better than Oculus Rift's

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message