Unable to purchase an app from the Android store.

Peter Lanky 12:45 PM 15 Jan 12

I have an HTC Wildfire, and want to purchase the app 'Bubble DS' from the android market. If I try and purchase from my phone, when I press the 'Accept Permission' button I get the message "An Error has occurred. Retry or cancel and return to the previous screen."

If I try and purchase from my PC, I get a "Loading" message on my screen which just remains permanently until I close it down. On the purchase screen I see the message "This app is compatible with your T-Mobile HTC HTC Wildfire S A510e.", so everything appears to be connected and recognised, but I just can't get any further.

I've downloaded a couple of free apps with no problems.

Any suggestions?

Woolwell 20:12 PM 15 Jan 12

Assume that you have a Linn DS Player. Possibly the server is temp down.

Peter Lanky 20:19 PM 15 Jan 12

I will have a Linn DS player tomorrow. It's been the same since Friday. I don't know much about androids or the market, being very new to it, but I did download a free Bubble app successfully. The only explanation is if free apps and paid apps are on different servers, but I'm not going to pay for one I don't want just to test my theory.

I assume that Android market isn't clever enough to stop me buying because it can't see a Linn DS at the moment on my network.

Woolwell 20:54 PM 15 Jan 12

I've not had a problem in the past but I haven't bought BubbleDS.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday deals & best UK Black Friday tech…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best Black Friday Deals for designers and artists – updated

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know