Ulead Video Studio - loss of quality DV to DVD

eddiejackr 12:29 25 Oct 06

I have transferred from mini DV tapes to DVD using Ulead. The orig tape quality was good, but the DVD quality is really bad - it has gone very jumpy and blurred. Note orig footage quality good so it's not camera shake or focus. Ulead always gets a good write up and was good to use (albeit very slow to burn) so what am I doing wrong?

GroupFC 13:48 25 Oct 06

I am afraid I don't know the answer to your problem, but have you had a trawl through the Ulead forum at click here ?

And in particular have a look at this, ehich gives a fairly comprehensive guide for getting the best results from Ulead click here

GroupFC 19:07 25 Oct 06

I have just posted another message in other thread but have a look at this tutorial click here

oseven 20:09 27 Oct 06

When you say that you have transferred to dvd did you first downloaded in AVI ,edited then created a dvd in mpeg2 format? If you did not do this you will get a bad finished product.

eddiejackr 09:42 04 Dec 06

Group FC thanks for very useful links - I will follow up on the tutorials. (have been stting up home network - urggh - hence delay in getting on with the films!) Interestingly one of the tutorials starts by syaing don't think you can use ulead intuitively and get a good result! Just what i had done!

oseven - thanks - I'm not sure to be honest. I simply used the buttons on ulead that said capture video and later burn to disc.....

eddiejackr 14:26 04 Dec 06

the links you gave are great Group FC - thanks - I'm fairly sure I'll get things sorted now. Don't know why I didn't find them before - but they are now on the ulead web site under forums billed as NEW - so perhaps they weren't right under my nose before! Anyway - I shall mark this thread resolved....thanks again

David4637 19:57 04 Dec 06

I think it would be useful if you let us know whether you managed to sought out Ulead to give a good output, that way we could appreciate if there was something the matter with it or not? You did not say which version you were using? Thanks David

anchor 14:13 05 Dec 06

book-marked

eddiejackr 19:13 05 Dec 06

I think the problem is the extent to which I was compressing the footage at the burn stage. At the moment I think my solution is to go for double sided DVDs so that I can burn at the best quality. Hope to try this out over the weekend. Will report back.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…