Ulead Video Studio can't burn to disc

hastelloy 07:24 18 Sep 06
Answered

I've just finished a project using Ulead VideoStudio 10+. It takes about 1.5 hours to render, then says writing to disc. I then get a message saying unable to write to disc. I'm using a Freecom external DVD writer and Verbatim x6 DVD-RW. Any suggestions gratefully received.

Geoff

De Marcus™ 20:36 18 Sep 06

Reduce your burn speed to 1x, double check your pc is running with USB2 enabled, make sure your DVD-RW is fully formatted before commencing the burn process. Then try another disk, not a DVD-RW.

You did save your project to save rendering all over again didn't you?

hastelloy 07:19 19 Sep 06

Thanks for your response. How do I check that my pc is running with USB enabled please? The DVD-RW was fully formatted. I had used RW rather than R to avoid making coasters!!! I did make a disc image but it seems to render each time unless I have kept the window open.

BRYNIT 08:18 19 Sep 06

You can not burn to a formated DVD-RW disk. You will have to erase the disk and use it like a write once disk.

BRYNIT 08:20 19 Sep 06

Forgot to say this will not stop you erasing the disk latter and reusing the disk.

hastelloy 09:01 19 Sep 06

I didn't know that - thank you.

De Marcus™ 10:52 19 Sep 06

By formatted I did of course mean erased.

GroupFC 13:19 19 Sep 06
Answer

Yoy could try having a trawl through the forum at click here, to see if you can get any ideas!

hastelloy 07:42 23 Sep 06

Many thanks to all - I've learnt a lot from this . The Ulead form is aprticularly useful, though it was this forum that solveed this problem.
Geoff

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…