twin tuner Freeview hard disk recorder setup?

John B 16:29 24 Jan 08

I intend to purchase a 'budget' twin tuner hard disk recorder for my parents.

It will be used on a standard TV (without a freeview receiver of any description).

Is it likely that the recorder will have a TV-out so that one freeview channel can be watched whilst another recorded, or do I need a separate freeview box for the TV for normal freeview viewing?

Thanks in advance

John

alB 17:54 24 Jan 08

Take a look at the ONN 160gb PVR at Asda, (T816 model) digital tv recorder, it will do all you want and more ...alB

John B 18:02 24 Jan 08

Thanks... I will!

alB 18:11 24 Jan 08

I bought one of these about 2 weeks ago, very pleased with it, will record 2 channels at the same time or record 1/watch one, make sure the box sticker has the model T816 on it, this is the latest version Vestel hardware (according to other forums). Cost just short of £100 or there is an 80 gb version badged as Durabrand that's a bit less (about £70 I think). Comes complete with SCART lead etc. Easy to use, not had any problems with mine ...alB

Arnie 18:14 24 Jan 08

John.

If you do decide to buy the ONN 160gb PVR, make sure you check that it has the T816 software installed rather than the T810.
Don't rely on the details on the box. Ask to see the written details on the unit's casing.

See the following AV forum.

click here

Arnie.

Arnie 18:16 24 Jan 08

Looks like alB beat me to it!

Arnie.

John B 20:17 24 Jan 08

I'll have a look at the weekend. It seems clear that I won't need a separate freeview box as well as the recorder so that's very helpful.

thanks again

John

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…