TV Tuner help.

Jamdav 16:24 20 Feb 06

Hey,

I was wondering if anybody would be able to recommend me a TV tuner for my new computer. I would like to be able to watch and record TV on my computer, I have seen 'Freeview USB TV Tuner' devices and have been tempted by these but put off by the fact that:
1. They are USB (heat problems)
2. They are so cheap
3. I live in a rubbish Freeview area

I am looking for one in the region of £30-50, and would like a Digital one - but could make do with a decent analouge receiver. A remote would also be nice.

I have never encountered TV tuners before, so I would really appreciate your help.

If you need to know my specs they are:
AMD 64 3700+
1GB Ram
geForce 7800GT (Would this be used for the recording part?).

Thanks,
James.

puma22 17:14 20 Feb 06

Hi,
i have got this click here card. It is pci which means that you have to take the back off the pc (and make sure that you have a free slot before you buy). it was very easy to fit.
The beauty of this is that is is both digital (freeview) and analogue. However, the recording software is very tempremental and often it doesnt record what i have set it to record. The picture though is very good.
If you havnt got a good freeview reception then perhpas none of the digital cards will work for you?

rmcqua 21:48 20 Feb 06

This might suit your purpose:
click here
Hauppauge have been in the TV adapter card market since "day 1" and have an excellent reputation.

bfoc 09:32 25 Feb 06

This click here last week, but it may be just over your budget.

I've tried it on three machines (older higher spec Dell laptop, new lower spec Toshiba laptop and 6 mth old high spec Evesham)and it installed and worked without a problem on them all.

Having both analogue and digital is a real plus as digital reception (via the supplied aerial) varies within the house from very good (upstairs) to non-existent in parts of the lounge.

I haven't had time to record with it yet or even watch that much TV!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…