TV recording to HDD

catpwss 19:14 PM 14 Nov 11
Answered

Hi.I have a samsung tv & a samsung dvd recorder with hdd.Is it possible to connect two dvd recorders to one tv,Freeview ones. Thanks.

john bunyan 16:38 PM 15 Nov 11

I can see no reason why not. You would need to "daisy chain" the incoming TV aerial and maybe have seperate SCART leads to the TV , or these could also be joined at source with those female SCART sockets wich detect which Recorder is sending to the TV.

catpwss 20:34 PM 15 Nov 11

john bunyan,many thanks for the update.but can you be a little more elaborate on the "daisy chain" method you mentioned,At the moment the samsung recorder is connected to the tv with an HDMI cable and as you know the aerial cable goes to the dvd recorder and from there to the tv.Could you please tell me more on the "daisy chain" method regarding the aerial cable. I do hope that you can help me out here "please". Thanks.d.

natdoor 10:26 AM 16 Nov 11

If both DVD recorders have Freeview tuners in-built, then each will have an RF In (Aerial) socket. It is usual also to have an RF Out socket and you have that on your Samsung unit connected to the TV. A daisy chain would have the RF Out from one recorder connected to the RF In of the other and then to the TV from RF Out. This is only necessary if you wish to record two Freeview channels concurrently or record one and watch another. It may also be necessary to have one on standby when not otherwise in use. An alternative arrangement would be to use an aerial splitter, which provides two outputs and insert this either to the cable from the aerial or to the output from Samsung.

catpwss 11:22 AM 16 Nov 11

Many thanks,That info was just fine.

john bunyan 12:57 PM 16 Nov 11
Answer

Further to natdoors advice this is worth a read!!

http://www.jimsaerials.co.uk/freeview/scart/scart.htm

catpwss 13:10 PM 16 Nov 11

Brilliant,Thanks all.

catpwss 13:40 PM 16 Nov 11

Update.Followed the info supplied,Connected two freeview recorders to my samsung tv,And all working fine. Thanks again forum great stuff.Thankyou.c.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Microsoft's Gamescom 2015 Xbox conference: Watch Microsoft reveal new Xbox One games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Play the retro 8-bit dating naked adventure game by The Uprising Creative

From Antennagate to Yellowgate: The 10 worst Apple scandals (and why they were blown out of proport)…