TV Reception Woes

silverous 15:16 13 Feb 07

Hi,

We have been having issues receiving initially ITV and Channel 4, then BBC1 and BBC2 via digital over aerial (freeview).

Other channels are fine yet these have almost no signal. Any suggestions ? We are in the anglia area.

Kind Regards,

Paul

Kate B 15:31 13 Feb 07

Get your aerial checked. I was having problems and it turned out that the cabling to my aerial had perished and pretty much eroded.

silverous 15:49 13 Feb 07

Thanks Kate. The house is only just over a year old so perished cabling seems unlikely and surely that would affect all channels to a degree?

Monoux 16:28 13 Feb 07

I too have been having the same problem and live in the anglia area. My signal comes from Sudbury and I wonder if some engineering work is ongoing and they are running on reduced power

jack 16:47 13 Feb 07

click here
Maybe a notice posted thereon

silverous 16:51 13 Feb 07

Monoux - glad to hear from you! I suspect this is the case as other channels are fine. We will ask our neighbours and see if they have had issues! I was looking for a page which lists issues - I could see such a thing for Granada but not Anglia.

Jack> That link doesn't work.

Kate B 20:04 13 Feb 07

My problems when the cable was dodgy were with the ITV channels, so it wasn't consistent.

cycoze 20:18 13 Feb 07

Have you tried a Digital TV Signal Booster? click here

Excellent advice page for Freeview Reception click here

cycoze 20:21 13 Feb 07

Lets try those links again, i had them scrolled.

Digital TV Signal Booster click here

Freeview Reception click here

Arnie 01:09 14 Feb 07

You're quite right. Some cable faults can cause certain frequency related problems.
Some channels showing a good picture, others very poor. Digital non-existent.

silverous 10:17 14 Feb 07

Arnie>
What do you mean by "Digital non-existent" ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now