TV with PVR capability

Ian in Northampton 20:07 PM 24 Dec 10

I’m planning to replace our ageing Panny 32” LCD. One feature I really want is a TV – doesn’t matter whether plasma or LCD – that allows you to hook up a high capacity USB disk and use it as a PVR. In other words, the TV itself has a PVR capability but without an internal hard drive. I know they’re about – but I’m struggling to find any. Can someone point me in some right directions?

The reason, by the way, is that right now, we have an external PVR, but we’re sick of messing with two remotes.

Ian in Northampton 12:45 PM 26 Dec 10

Thanks ßeta. Those look a little more than I wanted to pay... :-( Anyone aware of anything around the 37"/£500 mark?

Ian in Northampton 13:52 PM 26 Dec 10

Thanks ßeta. It looks like it may be a functionality that's only included in top spec/large screen models, then. I may have to continue with what I've got at present.

Kevscar1 09:27 AM 27 Dec 10

Then buy a universal remote. You can program them to replace most remotes.

Ian in Northampton 10:19 AM 27 Dec 10

Good thought, Kevscar.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to watch Adobe Max 2015: See Adobe unveil new Creative Cloud features for Photoshop,…

Live Photo tips: How to take Live Photos on the iPhone 6s, how to view, share, edit and find Live…