TV cards - aerial question

Darth_chaffinch 18:38 29 Dec 07

Hi, this card sounds great, but is it best to 'attach' the card to the house aerial, or are the one's supplied with these cards sufficient for digital tv please??

click here

Many thanks!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:28 29 Dec 07

are the one's supplied with these cards sufficient for digital tv

Not really,

attatch to the house aerial is much better.

Stuartli 00:36 30 Dec 07

Try a £9.99 Telecam TCE2000 portable aerial first from Argos:

click here

Also see:

click here

I bought one to hook up to a £16 Freeview set top box for the bedroom's 15in Sony TV and it brings in virtually all the TV and radio stations from Winter Hill.

One glitch at present is that the 16QAM transmissions are picked up perfectly, but the 64QAM ones such as ITV1 cannot be used.

This is due to the type of signal transmissions on this MUX and will no doubt be better when full strength digital transmissions eventually arrive.

At the moment the TV's analogue tuner is used for the small number of missing TV stations.

ICF 10:34 30 Dec 07

Got one of these for crimbo click here

With the small aerial I only got 8 channels and I can see winter hill.

With roof aerial got 66

Darth_chaffinch 11:57 30 Dec 07

Thanks chaps (?), we have one of the worst digital signals down here near Dover, will need to drill through the external wall if I'm to attach the external aerial (which I'm trying to avoid as I'll probably bodge it!!), will a plug-in tv booster aerial work? Not sue if it's of the calibre of the HD-ready argos one you posted (looks good thanks btw!).

Cheers!

Stuartli 13:20 30 Dec 07

If you already have a poor digital TV signal, no amount of aerial booster use will magically transform it into a good one...:-)

This should change once the full stremgth digital transmissions commence in your area but, to give you an example of the difference, my digital signals (Freeview) from Winter Hill are just 1.83 per cent of the present analogue transmissions.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…