TV cam slot

oldnovice 13:38 18 Mar 07

I have cam slot in my TV is it only for top up TV or can it be used for other sources i did google this but found it a bit confusing.
Thank you

rodriguez 13:53 18 Mar 07

CAM slots are mainly used for Top-Up TV and I can't think of any other uses. They just allow viewing cards to be inserted. There is one on the back of Sky DigiBoxes (there's a plate that can be removed with 2 screws and it's behind there) where you can plug in other CAMS (such as Dragon Cam) to view foreign subscripton services.

oldnovice 14:11 18 Mar 07

thanks for prompt reply rodriguez does that mean because my digital is through an aerial and not through a sat dish i will only be able to get top-up TV.

rodriguez 15:07 18 Mar 07

Yes, the foreign satellite CAMs are for just that - satellite. In fact you still need to move your dish round to point at the foreign satellite to recieve them. This is what some foreign expats who live in Britain do - the Turkish guy who runs the local chippy has his tuned to Turksat so he gets all the Turkish channels. On our TV aerials we only get 5 ( still 4 in some areas) analogue TV channels, Freeview channels and Top-Up TV channels and radio. Nothing else. In the south of the country, sometimes changes in weather pressure can bring in a weak Belgian or Dutch TV singal - but these are without sound as they use PAL-G and we use PAL-I, but still not dtrong enough for foreign digital.

oldnovice 15:32 18 Mar 07

Thankyou all is now clear

Stuartli 23:34 18 Mar 07

Some info about cards which are available:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…