Transferring VHS Tapes to DVD Disks

Chrisann 16:18 22 Jan 07

I have a Panasonic VHS Recorder and lots of tapes etc. I have just bought a Sony DVD Recorder model RDR-GX120. Is there a way of transferring my VHS Tapes to DVD using these two machines? Or do I need some other equipment?

Thanks.

Chrisann.

jack 17:56 22 Jan 07

you need a piece of kit Made by many firms
Dazzle. V- Stream to name but two
This could consist of a little 'dongle with a USB connector one side and and a set of RCA plugs or a SCART connector on the other a software disk and a slim manual, all packed in a large colourful impressive box in which they will rattle around.
It will cost you £40 or so
Take a look at the E-tailers or Google for Dazzle or V stream

rodriguez 18:39 22 Jan 07

It's easier to just use the two machines. Get a Scart lead and connect one end to the "TV" Scart socket on the VHS recorder (it may also just be labelled "AV1"). Then connect the other end to the AV2 Scart socket on the DVD recorder. All you need to do then is load in a tape you want to copy, then load a blank disc in the recorder and change the recorder to the AV2 channel, press record and then press play on the tape. If you plan to copy commercial videos, some are copy protected with Macrovision so they won't copy properly (unwatchable picture and/or sound).

jack 19:35 22 Jan 07

rodriguez is right, My mind was on putering- getting the tape record into a computer

Chrisann 12:34 23 Jan 07

Thankyou ...I didn't realise it was that easy..so will have a go and see what happens. It isn 't commercial tapes I want to copy just tapes I have copied over the years from T.V.

Thanks again.

Chrisann.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5