transferring phone contacts

sunnystaines 08:08 02 Jul 14

there is no three store near me and indep stores no longer deal with three.

if i get one mail order from three, will the contacts be on the sim when i move it over? and will moving the sim keep my original phone number?

the apps i can redownload.

no sure how to move photos either?

in the past the store has always sorted all this.

moving galaxy s3 to galaxy s5 andoid.

sunnystaines 10:59 02 Jul 14

thanks for replies.

keeping same provider, i have a unlocking number supplied by "three" but cannot do this as you need a 3rd party sim to complete the process,

cannot transfer the info to w8.1 pc as using kies messes up the pc and all freezes.

how do i transfer the photos and contacts to the sim from the phones mem storage please.

sunnystaines 11:01 02 Jul 14

i have gmail on the phone and pc can i transfer my contacts to gmail on the pc? using sync on the phone so far it only syncs the emails not the contacts unless i am not doing it right.

alanrwood 11:28 02 Jul 14

Get one of the many free sims out there. Try thepeoplesoperator.com and there is £10 on it for free. Then use it to unlock your phone. Job done.

sunnystaines 12:50 02 Jul 14

MechKB 2...thankyou

alan will look at that site later thanks.

Gordon Freeman 20:51 02 Jul 14

Hmm, there are a few on here who just post and spout unqualified rubbish, when really they should just not post at all.

All you need to do is do a little bit of research; I just moved from S3 to S5, and in all honesty, all you need is an app which will deal with the transfer of contacts, emails, texts, etc.

It's called Samsung Smart Switch:

click here

Gordon Freeman 21:02 02 Jul 14

"Apps can easily be reinstalled by going to your Google Play account and selecting the ones you want or, if memory serves Google back up may well install them all"

No, this isn't completely true. Some apps on the S3 are not compatible with the S5.

"Photos I would move to your PC."

Not really necessary, but I would do this as a precautionary measure, but the app which I mention will transfer all the things which you tick/select.

"your (Windows 8) PC can see the phone it treats it just like any other hard drive".

This is true. if connected to your PC via usb lead.

Hope this helps.

sunnystaines 23:13 03 Jul 14

gordon thanks sounds a handy app thanks for the info.

Gordon the prev two replies are from respected members who may have meant well and like myself been unaware of the app you posted, very grateful for your link.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:39 04 Jul 14

does old phone have sd card?

if so move all data (photos music etc. from phone mem to sd card mem) move card into new phone

sunnystaines 17:47 04 Jul 14

Fruit Bat /\0/\ no only came witha sim.

sunnystaines 09:19 05 Jul 14

Gordon Freeman

whats you opinion so far on the s5

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…