transfer photos from PC folder back to memory card

49chacha 21:04 10 Nov 07

Now I'm the proud owner of a digital photo frame, I wanted to add previous photos from my digital image library back to a memory card, through the camera - to play on the digital frame. Does not look like it can be done or am I doing something wrong-HELP.
Thanks

john bunyan 21:25 10 Nov 07

Assuming you have a card reader attached or in your computer, just copy the photos you want and paste them into the card via windows explorer. You may have to size them first, according to the instructions of the photo frame. Not sure what you mean by "through the camera".

merc. 22:25 10 Nov 07

It is not so easy to put photos back onto camera card if you look for my post "what happened to photos" dated 07/09/07 Holme helped me through to procedure.

If you have given your photos a different name when you put them on computer you can not get them back on to camera card,I tried renaming them to IMG file but it would still not work

Merc

jack 10:28 11 Nov 07

Using a camera as a 'drive' to receive data may work if you then simply take the card to the frame.
The camera however will not in all probability confirm the card contents as the camera expects EXIF images and very likely the images after editing will have lost their EXIF attribute, so although the camera will say 'No Image' that data will be on the card the camera will not 'read' it.
But it will harm nothing to try.
IMHO- the camera should not be used to upload images - think of the battery drain - use a card reader instead, for two way traffic.

theenquiror 19:53 31 Dec 07

I simply copied my selection of photos from the PC to a memory stick and plugged into the Digi Picture frame.

hssutton 23:47 31 Dec 07

Well that's the obvious way.

I cannot understand why 49chacha would want to transfer them to the camera first, unless of course he/she does not have a card reader, but as these only cost a few pounds it's really the only way to go.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…